When we visit with a Legislator, the first thing they want to know about is how a certain issue will affect their constituents. The most powerful tool we have in convincing legislators to support a bill are patient stories
All patient stories are powerful. No matter why you're in this fight, we want to hear about it. And right now, we're especially looking for stories that touch on the following topics being debated at the federal and state level:
- Being unable to afford your medication because of its placement on a specialty tier
- Being unable to afford oral chemotherapy medication because your insurance provider will only cover traditional chemotherapy
- Having to go through step therapy procedures, which have delayed your access to, or stopped completely, the treatment that your doctor recommended and prescribed
- Being denied access to a bone marrow transplant because of coverage requirements
- Being unable to access the drug you were prescribed due to a supply shortage
- Experiencing a delay in treatment/alternative treatment due to prior authorization requirements
*By sharing your story you will be joining The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Advocates Network. You will receive email updates on urgent issues but you may unsubscribe at any time.
**If we feature your story on our website, blog, or social networks, we'll only include your first name, the first letter of your last name, and your state. We may also follow up to ask your permission to share your name, story, and email address with members of the media or with lawmakers who want to demonstrate the importance of working to improve the lives of blood cancer patients.